PIERRE AUGUSTE RENOIR „THE BREAKFAST OF THE ROWERS“
- Idea of the project: Investigation of the biography and the work of the artist; historical period; typical dishes and spices.
- Objectives :
- to gain some relevant knowledge of the food in the particular/corresponding period of the French cuisine – dishes and spices;
- to upgrade the knowledge and skills, acquired in the classes of theory and practice.
|21th Century skills||Learning skills & Technology Tools||Teaching Strategies||Evaluation|
|Information and communication
|The students are able to :
1. Apply theoretical knowledge in specific practical actions, to apply them in new and changeable conditions in a creative way
2. Analyze the processes action, to characterize them, to reveal and establish the inquisitional connections dependencies.
3. Analyze and choose the rates of the parameters of the technological regimes.
4. Control the processes, to find violations and defects and to apply ways and methods of their disposal.
5. Plan and regulate the technological processes, to make and read technological schemes;
6. Select appropriate raw materials.
7. Prepare dishes from the French cuisine;
8. Organize and plan the actions in the kitchen.
– role plays
|– conclusion test;
-independent creature of technological scheme;
-solving creative task;
|Thinking and reasonable skills
Personal and workplace skills
|The students are able to:
1. Develop the skills of analysis, comparison, summary, conclusions, evaluation and self-evaluation of the activity, development of the will and the emotions;
2. Develop the skills of scholastic and labor activity;
3. Develop independence and the ability of applying the knowledge in practice:
4. Form and development of cognitive interests in the field of production of foods;
5. Form and development of taking independent decisions connected to the selection of optimal parameters of the technological process; emotional balance in critical situations;
6. Form and develop of skills in relation to teamwork, discipline, respect of the team, will, ambition, criticism, etc;
1. Form and develop of emotional balance and skills for fast and adequate reaction in crisis, emergency and risky situations, making the right decisions promptly and on time;
2. Organize the work and distribute the tasks;
3. Combine the components of the dishes;
4. Prevent wasting the food products;
5. Make calculations;
6. Replace major products with similar ones.
work in pairs
- to do some research into specific dishes for the period, products and spices;
- to master some cooking skills;
- to develop Technological Schemes for the assortments.
Evaluation: Final test, scorecard.
Major group products: bread, fruits, drinks, French bread, grapes.
Assessment and feedback:
Teamwork, critical thinking, problem solving (replacement of major products with similar ones), verbal communication, evaluation map
Other methods of assessment:
Observing, research, discussion, blog
The dish: VOLOVANS as part of “THE BREAKFAST OF THE ROWERS“
Products: 1 package puff dough; 300 grams weenies; 200 grams bacon; 1 yolk; 50 grams sour cream; salt; black pepper; sesame and cumin.
Technological procedure: 1. Cut circles and discs from the dough and stick them with the yolk.2. Bake the formed volovans on 200 degrees. 3.Prepare filling from the finely chopped weenies, bacon and cream. Put 1 spoon in each volovan. Sprinkle with the sesame and the spices. 4. Bake 10 more minutes. Serve with decoration.
Materials and equipment:
Technological schemes, recipe book, scorecard
Managing the educational process:
The forms of education combine the interconnection between the teacher and the students to reach the objectives and reveal the process functioning education in theory and practice. Choose the lesson-class-lesson.
- Getting familiar with Renoir’s biography.
2.Presenting historical background for the French cuisine.
3.Identifying the main characteristics of the French cuisine:
3.1.products and spices;
3.2.technology of making:
– cold appetizers;
– hot appetizers;
– main dishes;
- Identifying quality characteristics of the prepared food.
EVALUATION OF THE PROJECT:
Didactic objective: to acquire new professional knowledge and skills for qualitative implementation of the process in the production of dishes from the French cuisine.
The students have to know:
– typical features and traditions of the French cuisine;
-preparation of dishes for the period;
-esthetical decoration of the dishes;
-safety work rules of the student;
-requirements for self hygiene and workplace hygiene;
-good quality production demands;
– to form ethical qualities;
-to know how to organize their work and distribute tasks;
-to combine the components;
-to prevent wasting the food;
-to form and develop esthetical criteria and skills for production of dishes with nice and attractive appearance
– to form and develop the skills to reveal inquisitional connections and relations between the quality of the raw materials and the parameters of the technological process.
– to form and develop the skills of making independent decisions in terms of the right selection of the parameters of the technological processes;
– to develop cognitive interests while revealing the dependencies, similarities and differences in implementing the production of dishes from the French cuisine.
– to perfect skills of doing analysis, comparisons, evaluations and conclusions related to the production technology.