Project Title / project based lesson: Food on Canvas – Last Supper
Project Idea: Study of paintings, the museum inclusion in the educational process
Lesson Objectives: To create and implement the connection School – Museum. To link the educational process with museum visits. To fulfill and expand the knowledge of the students about paintings in Mythology enriches their aesthetic.
|21st Century Skills||Learning Skills &
|Evidence of Success|
|File sharing and Storage Systems Applications;
Social Networks in learning;
Podcasts – Podcastagregator;
Planning and synchronization of educational tasks in Web;
Sharing multimedia applications and create private video channels.
|Research into the Mythology story
Description of specific paintings related to the Mythology
Research into the dishes depicted in the paintings
through the Art
Recognition of the
and work with them; )
Knowledge based skills
Presentation and communication skills
|Thinking and Reasoning Skills||Thinking over the topic/idea
Reflecting on the
Identifying the main idea of the pieces of art
|Linking the real life experiences of the students with the new knowledge and skills; rethinking of the art through the paintings||Rationalization of the knowledge|
|Thinking and Reasoning Skills at the working place||Ability in teamworking; argumentation;
Reflection and implementation of other tasks
|Visual presentation of an element from the studied material (picture) and discussion||Knowledge transfer; Work algorithm|
Performance Objectives: Students to remember what they do because they themselves participate in the discovery; to activate all the channels of the perception – logically – analytical, psychomotor, sensual.
Structure of the lesson:
- The teacher presents an introduction lecture about the story of the last night of Jesus Christ and separates the students from the class into groups of two. Each pair get a painting “The Last Supper”:
– Paolo Veronese/The Feast in the House of Levi
– Giambattista Tiepolo/The Last Supper
– Master of the Housebook/The last Supper
– Pontormo/The Supper at Emmaus
– Alessandro Allori/The Last Supper
– Jacopo Bassano/The Last Supper
– Titian/The Supper at Emmaus
– Titian/The Last Supper
– Domenico Ghirlandaio/The Last Supper
– Leonardo da Vinci/The Last Supper
– Federico Barocci/The Last Supper
2.The groups from the class find in and sets the following tasks:
Each Group: visits virtual museums, searches for information and makes an short anotation about the paintings of the respective painters and biography data for the painter;
- Find the symbols of the food in each picture with the help of IT technology and mark them in the chart, each group for their picture. Present their study before the class..
- Discuss and summarize the similarities and the differences in each of the paintings, paying attention to the following – symbols and specifics relating to the picture.
- As a final product the students make a portfolio and “Food on Canvas in the Testament”.
By assessing outputs( chart,a portfolio and a chart) the teacher assesses the students’ productive knowledge – understanding of the facts, concepts of operation, understanding of principles; the utilization of knowledge – their applications, their contribution in solving of various tasks; creative capability-skills to problematize, to make conclusions and assumptions in lack of information, to select appropriate research methods to present their interpretation on the subject;
participate in discussions, analysis and synthesis of problems – initially specified in the project.
Major Group Products:
Main individual products: Written research elaboration
Assessment and Result Marking:
Teamwork; written communication; critical thinking and problem solving;
Plan of the Project:
Each group explores the implication of the picture, completes the chart
– The symbols and the specifics of each picture;
– The author and the period the author creates.
- What are the symbols of the food in the art;
- Who are the religious symbols;
- What are the moral characters;
Materials and equipment: virtual museums visit, computers and Internet, flipchart
Guidance of the Learning process: teacher introduces the topic of the lesson to the students and gives them consistently different type of tasks to be performed.
Manage the Process of the Lesson:
- Lecture – introduction, familiarization with the specific task;
- Virtual museums visit;
- Tasking research of the students – divided into groups. Each group examines and reflects on assigned tasks;
4.They present their search, the symbols found; make their own message about the value.
Project Evaluation: The museum education creates a lasting interest in the students to the arts, encourages the discovery and the demand; stimulates creative thinking and provokes the students to present their interpretation on the subject.
Final Students products: